• Teenage suicide statistics are a part of these numbers: rates for ages 15-24 in the United States are 7.9 per 100,000.
• 31,000 suicides a year in the U.S., the 3rd leading cause of death in people 15 – 24 years old, and the 11th leading cause over all age groups.
• Worldwide, nearly a million people commit suicide every year, more than those murdered or killed in war.
• Global annual teenage suicide statistics, reported for these fatalities could rise to 1.5 million by 2020.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline If you or someone you know is considering suicide, do not wait to get help. Take the concern seriously and call 800-273-TALK to talk to someone who cares. http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
The HopeLine Offers help to teens who are struggling with critical life issues and who may be considering self-harm or suicide. Call 1-800-394-HOPE (4673) to talk with a Hope Coach, or communicate by chat or text. http://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx Groundwire Need to talk? Chat now with a spiritual coach. Coaches are available to listen and offer spiritual advice, encouragement, resources, and prayer. http://www.groundwire.net/ Self-Injury
To Write Love on Her Arms You were created to love and be loved. Your life matters. TWLOHA is a movement dedicated to hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. http://www.twloha.com/
S.A.F.E. S.A.F.E. ALTERNATIVES is a nationally recognized treatment approach, professional network and educational resource base committed to helping you and others end to self-abusive behavior. http://www.selfinjury.com/
* Teen Challenge Faith-based help and healing for those facing drug addiction and life-controlling problems. Teen Challenge has centers located in 70 different countries. http://teenchallengeusa.com/ Depression